The City of Murray, Kentucky

Home > Murray Police Department > FAQs


Q. How can I become a police officer?
A. An applicant must be at least 21 years of age and a citizen of the United States, and must possess a high school diploma or GED as well as a valid drivers license. The hiring process involves written testing, psychological testing, physical condition assessment, drug screen, background check, and an oral interview. A police officer recruit then attends eighteen weeks of rigorous training at the Department of Criminal Justice Training in Richmond, Kentucky.

Q. How can I get information on job openings at the Murray Police Department?
A. Click here for current job openings.

Q. How can I obtain a copy of my traffic collision report?
A. Contact your insurance company and ask them to request the report.

Q. How can I contact someone who is incarcerated?
A. Call the Calloway County Jail at (270)753-6150

Q. Where can I get information on road conditions?
A. Telephone numbers for Kentucky and surrounding states are as follows: Kentucky 800-459-7623 or 866-737-3767; Tennessee 800-342-3258; Illinois 800-452-4368; Missouri 800-222-6400

Q. I accidentally locked my keys in my vehicle. Can an officer unlock my vehicle?
A. In the event of any emergency, such as a small child being locked in a vehicle, fire department personnel with be dispatched to assist. Otherwise, you must contact a locksmith.

Q. How do I get assistance with animal control?
A. The animal control officer works through the Calloway County Sheriff's Department. You can contact him at (270)753-3151. The number for the animal shelter is (270)759-4141

Q. Can I ride a moped or ATV on the street in the City?
A. You must be at least 16 years of age and have a moped license in order to ride on the street. Call the Calloway County Circuit Clerk at (270)753-2714 for information on obtaining a license. All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are not allowed on city streets. 

Murray Police Department