Superintendent: Ron Allbritten
The mission of the City of Murray Street Department is to promote the safety and welfare of the traveling public by effectively and efficiently managing and maintaining the infrastructure composing the city's transportation network to include roadways, sidewalks, and public right-of-ways.
- Roadway Maintenance
- Sidewalk Maintenance
- Right-of-Way and Drainage Maintenance
- Traffic Control Signs and Markings Maintenance
- Maintains the 54 acre Murray City Cemetery
- Assist other City Departments as required in the interest of the public
- The Street Department consists of 10 full time employees consisting of the Superintendent, a Street Supervisor, a Cemetery Supervisor, a Construction Crew Chief, a Street Sweeper, an Equipment Operator and four (4) Maintenance Workers.
- The Street Department also utilizes 10 to 15 Class D Felony Inmate workers (depending upon availability) of which six (6) work for the Cemetery Supervisor in maintaining the City Cemetery.
If you would like to report a roadway issue, sidewalk issue or storm water drainage issue you may do so by filling out this form Street Department Record of Complaint